Introduces number-based methods to evaluate, present, and improve business needs. Emphasis is on application of a broad range of basic number-based strategies to serve business effectiveness and efficiency.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate rational evaluation of basic business resource allocation challenges using numbers.
- Create visual representations of number-based evidence suitable for formal business presentations.
- Define key concerns in presenting or evaluating number-based evidence to prevent deception.
- Discuss strategies for determining proper balance between number-based evidence and relationship-based decision-making.
- Critically review a current financial news report using number-based evidence.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic number-based terms and strategies common to entry-level managers and small business entrepreneurs.
Credit Hours: 4.0 Quarter Credits
Course Length: Four-week module includes 40 hours of instruction, i.e., 10 hours of instruction/lab per week. Students should plan on at least 20 hours a week of homework in support of classroom instruction.
Online Sessions (for online students): Log in and participate in your course at least four days each week.